This is our 2nd full day without Maya, and it is not SO bad. Of course, I'm probably driving my mother crazy with frequent phone calls for play by play recreations of what my little munchin has been doing. I should be accomplishing so much while she is gone, but I find myself wanting to be very, very LAZY!!! I did manage to take all three of our kitties to the vet this morning, making three trips back and forth to home because of a lack of kitty carriers. So, I guess I was entitled to a little R and R. Tomorrow we are off to Columbia to spend the night with my parents and then Friday we will all head down to Edisto for the weekend. It should be interesting taking Maya to the beach again - she hasn't been since she was about 8 months old. Last time she wasn't walking yet, and she wasn't terribly fond of the ocean yet either. This time will entail a lot more exercise for Casey and I, as we will spend most of our time chasing her up and down the beach I'm sure. Thank goodness she is here and able to do that. I know there are so many parents who wish they could wear themselves out chasing their little ones.
I'm changing jobs this year (hopefully) and will be working at a school only a mile from my home, so hopefully we will save a lot of money in gas! I will be going back full time though, and I hope I'll be able to cope after working only until 12pm for a whole year. Casey has football from August until about the beginning of November, and we miss him terribly during those months because he works all day and coaches until about 7:30pm. It stinks, but he loves it!
I'll be out of commission for the next week, but I will fill everyone in on our great beach adventures when we return. Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment