Monday, July 27, 2009

Neglect

Wow, I haven't written since May 24th. That is pitiful. Let me sum up the summer in a few words, since Maya is sitting here with me trying to type on the keyboard. Summer has been wonderful, but way too fast, as usual. In June we painted the outside of our house, with MAJOR help from Mom and Dad. We went to Edisto for a week with Mom and Dad and our cousins, and had a great time. Maya loves the water!! We went to Anderson several times and celebrated Nana's birthday at Nami's, worked in the garden, swam and Joe and Penny's, put up a fountain, rebuilt the trellis, and enjoyed being lazy! We came back and spent the next few weeks getting ready for Vacation Bible School at church, where I had to direct the nightly drama, and Casey had to play Brutus, a Roman soldier. We recovered from that over the weekend, and now we are off to Columbia later today to see our buddy Kurt and the family before school starts. Sheesh. That's just all I could think of at the moment.

We have to go back to school in 2 weeks, and poor poor Maya will be in shock, as she has been with us all summer long. She will be staying with a friend and her 2 kids this year, and Gaby speaks Spanish with her children, so she will be teaching Maya as well. Pray that it goes well! Potty training is still hit or miss a bit, but we are surviving.

She is singing nonstop, and one day I'm going to be able to catch it on video, I promise! Her favorite is Ariel's "Part of your world" complete with all the crescendos. Too cute!

Ok, its naptime and we have to get back on schedule around here! More later, hopefully!

No comments: