I LOVE the fall. It is my favorite time of year - the weather is nice, the colors are amazing, and there are so many fun holidays to look forward to. Not to mention my precious baby was born during October nearly 2 years ago. I simply cannot believe it, but I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy every second that I have with my amazing family, and especially our little bundle of joy, who is still only weighing in at 23 pounds. Oh, will we ever see 24?? : )
Friday night we used one of Casey's birthday gifts and went out to eat at Outback!! I always wonder why we don't go there more until I get the bill. Sheesh! Anyways, it was delicious, and I could enjoy it all the more because we weren't really paying for it! Afterwards we went to the mall so that Maya could play on the cars that we NEVER put money in, and shop for cousin Julie. After nearly tearing apart Walden's book store, we returned home. You would think Casey and I would take advantage of a Friday night to do something fun, like watch a movie together, but we were both so exhausted that we were sound asleep by 10:30. We are so getting old!
Saturday we went to Anderson for Julie's party at the local jumping place, and Maya LOVED it. It was a ton of fun. Then we went back to Nana and Papa's for a delicious lunch, and an even more delicious nap (yes, we are very sleep deprived). We spent the afternoon digging sweet potatoes and pulling up radishes in the garden, watching Maya ride her Dora bike and "nancing" to the music, and enjoying being together. We hated to leave, but needed to get back for church today, so we left while listening to "I want my nanapapa!!!!" for the next thirty minutes. Pitiful.
Today we enjoyed going to church, eating leftovers and not cooking, taking yet another glorious nap, and not getting anything done that needed to be done. Sounds like a typical Sunday for us!
Hope everyone is slowing down to enjoy the sweet things in life and enjoying October as much as we are. Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment