Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween!

Happy Halloween everyone! I hope you are all doing well. So sorry I haven't written but once this month. October has been crazy, and this week has been absolutely insane. Casey is still coaching football, and I had parent teacher conferences this week until 7pm, so we sent Maya to Columbia to enjoy her grandparents for the week. WE MISS HER!!! It's funny how empty a house can become all of a sudden, and as much as I long for a break when she is home with me, I can't stand it when she's away. Actually, I haven't had much time to dwell on her being gone this week because I haven't had a moment to myself anyway. Casey and I are driving down to Columbia tonight after work to go and get her, and hopefully do some trick or treating before we pass out of exhaustion! Maya is supposed to be a bumblebee tonight, if we can get her to wear her costume. Hopefully I'll have some pictures to share soon.

Tomorrow we are planning Maya's first trip to Riverbanks zoo - she has only been to the Greenville Zoo one time before, and she was still little and mostly just enjoyed playing on the playground. Hopefully she'll enjoy it more this time, and hopefully it won't be absolutely freezing!

Maya turned 2 last week, and we had the family to our house for a party. We kept it low key this year, and that worked out great. I wasn't so stressed and could actually enjoy everyone, and Maya still had a great time. She couldn't wait for us to sing happy birthday to her, and she had waited for weeks to blow out her candles. In fact she had been singing happy birthday for weeks, and always pretended to blow out the candles at the end, so she was most excited to see real candles and actually get to blow them out. She was so proud. All of the family made it to the party, except for Aunt Becca, who is still in Chile for one more month! We missed her, but it was fun to have all of our family in one place for once. I don't think they had seen each other since the party the year before.

Well, I'm supposed to be working right now, so I guess I'll straighten up so I can go home in a bit! Have a safe and spooky Halloween everyone!

No comments: