Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving

Ok, this is getting really pathetic! I can't even find the time to keep up with my little itsy bitsy blog. Pooh. Well, I'll try to do better. November was a crazy month - Papa's birthday, Grandmama Bailey's birthday, and finally mine, which was bittersweet because I turned 30! AhHH! Well, everyone keeps telling me 30 is the new 20, so I'll just be thankful I've made it this far!

We had a great Thanksgiving weekend. First off, I am very thankful that we did NOT have school Wednesday - Friday. It was so nice to get a real break and even more enjoyable not to do one stitch of schoolwork. I was so glad to have a break from my kids and get to spend time with the family. This year was our Argo family year, and it worked out great b/c Aunt Becca was finally coming home from Chile! It was so nice to get to see her and meet her boyfriend Mark before they were off to Charleston. Hopefully we'll get to see her more often now that she's back in the states.

Let's just say that Nana and Papa know what they're doing in the food department, so we feasted on tenderloins and potatoes Wednesday, all manner of Thanksgiving goodies Thursday, and then Low Country Boil on Friday! It was delicious and I have officially gained 6 pounds as of this morning. Ugh. It sure was delicious though! Friday we lounged and recuperated, and Saturday Nana, Penny, and I went out for a little post-crazy-crowd shopping. We managed to hit a few stores and totally miss the Carolina Clemson game, but I admitted missed it willingly after Casey called during the first quarter with the score. Boo.

Maya is doing wonderfully - she is talking up a storm, using the potty pretty well, and busy, busy, busy!!! She has started tearing up her books lately, which has been very disappointing, but we're working on it. Hopefully it is a SHORT lived phase, otherwise we will be replacing a LOT of books! She had an ear infection on Thanksgiving, and was actually up most of the night before, so she slept during the big meal and for a total of 6 hours that day. She was pitiful, but after some antibiotics and lots of Ibuprofen she is feeling back to normal.

Ok, that's all I can muster for now. I am so pooped! Maya got up at 4:30 this morning and would NOT go back to bed! Grrrr.... : ) We are so thankful for our wonderful family who loves and supports us, for our wonderful friends who love us even though we are never here to do anything with them on the weekends, and for our amazing God who sustains us and blesses us beyond measure. We hope your Thanksgiving was as special as ours.

No comments: