


Our first week back at school (without kids) has been a busy one! I've drug poor Maya back up to school for the last 2 days until 7:30, and Wednesday we didn't get home until 9 because of church. But, she has been a trooper, thank goodness, because I had and still have SO much to do!
Casey has been coaching away this week, and he is exhausted too, but has really been working hard. Maya was so glad to see her daddy tonight, she didn't know what to do! I have a cute video below of what he has taught her most recently. She learns better from him than she does me - she'll repeat things he says when she won't repeat what I say. She's stubborn that way!
Maya starts in the 2 year old room next week - several of her buddies are moving up to, so she should do fine. Their main objectives for the 2 year old room is to learn to drink from cups without sippers and to potty train. The cups won't be a problem - I'm not so sure about the other, but I'm not worried about it either. Diapers, though expensive, are actually quite nice. I don't mind changing them, and I don't have to worry about having an accident out in public.
She is still in love with her car shoes, but they are really giving her feet fits. She came home today and said, "Mommy, car shoes hurt." Poor thing! She let me take them off and put on her tennis shoes, so they must have really been hurting her feet! She had ANOTHER blister on the side of her foot. Blasted car shoes! Couldn't they have made those things a little better so my poor baby could wear them! Ugh!
This weekend we are hoping to take naps, not get up so early (we'll see if Maya obliges), NOT eat fast food, and just take it easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment