


Well, what an interesting week. We started out with a bang on Monday, and things were going well. We were all exhausted, but that's normal for the first week of school. Then on Wednesday morning things got interesting. Maya woke up at 5:30 screaming, and even after we got her out of bed, she kept crying and crying. We couldn't figure out what was the matter, so I had to stay home with her on my third day of school. It was a disaster. I took her to the doctor only to find that nothing he could see was wrong. Dr. Feole used some stickers to get her to move her head in all directions, and we finally surmised that she must have had a crick in her neck, which was causing her not to be able to turn her head all the way, and obviously some pain. He put her on a high dose of Ibuprofen and sent us home. Maya slept about 4.5 hours, and then woke up totally fine. Ugh. He gave her those 2 stickers, which we put on her shirt. Well, when it was time to put on pjs, the stickers had to be moved to them. The next morning when we got dressed for school, we had to put the stickers on that shirt too. I finally convinced her to stick them on her door, where they would be safe. Let's just say our child is just a little bit OCD. (ok, a lot!)
There's also a pic of her sitting on the big girl potty, showing off her Firehouse Subs firehat and sporting her stickers. Oh yeah - hot stuff!
Today when I picked that little booger up, she was playing outside with her "buddies." She did NOT want to go home with me! Instead she wanted us to keep playing on the playground with Tristan, her favorite buddy. So, we swang, went down the slide, rode the carrusel, rocked on a fish (yes, a fish) and rode cars. She was so happy until we finally had to go home. Then she cried for her daddy all the way home, only to find he wasn't home from football practice yet. I hated to break her little heart! It was pitiful.
We bought her the movie CARS and I am proud (I guess) to say that she has now watched a whole movie. Not in one sitting of course, but she did watch it and LOVE it. If you haven't seen CARS, you need to rent it. It is so cute!
Her newest accomplishment is counting to ten, and she's actually gotten most of the colors straightened out now (for a long time she could say them, but would get them all wrong when you asked her what color something was). Casey taught her to count, and she still needs some prodding, but if she really wants to she can do it. I'm attaching 2 videos of her learning - they are cute!
Ok, I don't think the video is working. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment