Thursday, September 18, 2008

Go Titans!

Tonight Maya and I drove after school to Newberry, SC, to meet grandmama and granddaddy and watch Casey and his middle school team play football. Maya had a grand time running around on the grassy hill, and we cheered Casey's team on to their first real game victory that they've had since he's had the pleasure of coaching middle school football. The kids were so excited, and I think he was too! It was a very intense and close game, so it was fun to watch. It was good to see Mom and Dad too. Maya cried, " My mamama grandmamama, my gandaddy" for the first 2o minutes of the trip home. It made me cry too. : (

We had a great time in the mountains last weekend with Nana and Papa and Casey's brother, Joey, his wife Penny, and the crazy cousins Maggie and Julie. : ) Nana rented a beautiful cabin in Maggie Valley, NC, and we spent most of Saturday lounging around trying to catch up on some rest. The kids had a ball playing in the creek in front of the house, collecting sticks for a big bonfire, roasting marshmellows, making smores, and getting in the hot tub. Boy, did they enjoy that hot tub. They were jumping around and screaming and splashing, and Maya was bounding from person to person. At one point we managed to get Nana, Papa, myself, Casey, Joey, and all three kinds in the hot tub. Needless to say the tub was not near as full when we finished as it was when we got in. They really loved it. Maya just couldn't understand why she couldn't just swim around and sink to the bottom. : ) There was also a riveting boat making contest early Saturday morning, and I believe cousin Julie's boat won the race. It was a short trip, but super fun!

School has kept us extremely busy this week. Casey's birthday is Sunday, and I think what he most wants is a quiet weekend at home where he can play videogames and nap and lounge in his pjs all weekend. We'll see if he gets his wish with a 2 year old running around!

Yes, 2 year old...or almost. Maya will be 2 on October 24th, and I am in utter shock at how fast 2 years has gone by. I have loved every minute, and continue to try and savor as much as I can!

No comments: