



We had a fun weekend! We had the Hudgens from church over Friday night for dinner. Addison is 2 1/2 and so she and Maya had a fun time playing. They were playing in her room while the adults were in the living room chatting. Elizabeth, Addison's older sister, was back and forth between the rooms giving us updates. She came in and we asked her how the girls were doing, and she replied, "Oh, they're fine. They're just playing on top of the changing table." Juliann and I got up and ran back to Maya's room, to find Addison and Maya standing and dancing on top of the changing table. EEK! Ok, so it was completely dangerous but also incredibly cute, so I had to get the camera and take a picture. The only problem with this was that Maya then thought this was perfectly ok, and when I told her she couldn't do it anymore, she was not pleased. In fact, she proceeded to get up there multiple times, with a spanking accompanying each attempt. She was so stubborn and she pitched a fit when I finally dragged all of the girls out of her room and shut the door!
On Saturday I took Maya to get some tennis shoes and a new pair of fake crocs, since she had outgrown her old ones. We went several places and ended up at rack room, where she had a ball picking out shoes. Unfortunately she discovered a pair of shoes (BOY shoes!) that were made for the movie "Cars." Maya is OBSESSED with vehicles, and so she HAD to have those shoes. She made me sit down right there in the store and put those things on her feet. And then she would NOT take them off. I must admit, I gave in to avoid a scene and bought her those shoes. Now they are the ONLY ones she wants to wear. Last night she had to sleep with them in the bed with her. For those of you that don't know her well, she is the most stubborn thing I have ever known, and some battles just aren't worth fighting. So, yes, she slept with those things last night. They have rubbed blisters on her ankles, so she has to wear them with band aids and socks, but this does not deter her. She is determined to wear those things everywhere, so I have hid them tonight with the hopes that I can put another shoe on her tomorrow. We'll see.
We all got "back to school" haircuts today, and thankfully she was good. She had another good day at daycare, so we are thankful for that. Tomorrow is the first official day back at work for Casey and I, and it will be a long one for us all. Keep us in your prayers! Enjoy the pics!
2 comments:
those shoes are hilarious! Notice in the picture with her standing and Casey standing in the background that they stand the exact same way! Like father, like daughter I guess.
The shoes are magnificient. I can still hear dad laughing downstairs after looking at the pictures and reading the blog.
Just this week at work I have seen several children all under the age 3 wearing the car shoes, none that I may add is quite as stunning as Maya's shoes. All of the car shoes that were being worn looked quite used so maybe they did not want to take their car shoes off either like Maya.
Hope that you had a good day.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment