After our wonderful week of vacation, we are finally doing something constructive! Casey and I left Maya one more time in Columbia with Grandmama and Grandaddy, so that we could get ready for the flooring people, and paint a bathroom. The bathroom in our room was painted (yes, by me) a horrible royal blue color, and it had to go. It had originally been decorated in a most attractive wallpaper that was straight out of the seventies, with shades of mustard yellow and brown and green. Ugh. So, I thought I would be a good home improvement person, and actually remove the wallpaper before painting. Big mistake. Last time I just painted over it and didn't worry about it. Consequently, the bathroom never really got finished. That meant more work this time. Casey and I worked on it for hours - spackling, sanding, priming, again and again and again!! AHHH!!! Finally we got to paint the two coats of actual paint, and it looks good...at last! Why people ever put up wallpaper, I have NO idea. You certainly will never find me hanging it, unless its the paintable kind.
So, poor Maya is an orphan again, but being spoiled rotten. Some of the new words she has mastered:
uva (grape in Spanish)
ookie (cookie)
apple
teetoh (cheetoh)
beet (feet)
toe
When she sees something that she wants to know the word for, she grabs my face and says "mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy" until I tell her what the word is.
Currently she is loving baby dolls, legos, reading books, kit-kitty, her fire truck, and running around in general.
Her most prized possession is her "bop" which is her pacie. Unfortunately we must get rid of this before August 12th, when she has to return to daycare. She'll start in the 2 year old room, and no pacies are allowed! She also loves her "night" which is her blankie. One of her favorite games is to tell everyone "Night, night mommy; Night night daddy; etc" and you have to pretend you're sleeping. Then she screams and you have to pretend you're waking up. I think I might have already written that in the blog. Sorry!
One more note - an answered prayer! I finally got released from Ware Shoals and will be teaching at Greenwood High this year, which is only a mile from our house! Thank you, thank you God!
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
1 comment:
I am so glad that my answered prayer became your answered prayer!!! Thank you for all your help! :)
(from Drew, since I can apparently use my Livejournal name to comment to this!)
Post a Comment