Monday, July 28, 2008

Our last few weeks of freedom!




Hello all! Currently we are at Nana and Papa's in Anderson to see Casey's sister, Rebecca, who is home for a few days from her adventures in Chile. We haven't seen her in almost a year, so it was good to finally have her back home. We had prepped Maya for days by practicing Becca's name and telling her that Becca was coming to see her. I was so happy to see that it paid off - when Becca walked in the door for the first time Maya exclaimed, "Becca!" She warmed up to her right away and has been following her around all day.

Today we played with Aunt Becca, ate Thai food for lunch, took a tremendous nap, and all went out in the blazing sun to work in the garden. We picked all the food we at tonight except for the Tilapia, which was neat. We ate a huge dinner, visited with Joey, Maggie, and Julie (Casey's brother and our nieces) and then took a walk around the neighborhood. Finally little miss Maya was tuckered out and went to bed!

She did something else funny today - while Nana and Casey were in Atlanta this morning picking up Becca, Maya and I stayed at home to play. I was putting away some laundry in Nana's room and I heard the phone ring. I consequently heard, "Hewo?" and the I rushed back in the living room to find that Maya had answered the phone and was talking to the dentist about Becca's appt. tomorrow. I took the phone from her only to find the receptionist laughing hysterically and asking me how old she was. It was so cute, but now we've started something! She even hit the button while I was talking and put the receptionist and I on speaker phone! What a silly goose!


We forgot our swimmies when we came to Anderson, so we went to Walmart in search of some more. We couldn't find any, but we did find the interesting bathing suit featured in her pics above and the video. It actually works quite well, although she looks like the purple Hulk in it! She is really progressing well with her swimming.

Recent word additions:

crwasin (Craisin)
ice keen (ice cream)
juice
foke (fork)
Becca
seat
sit
inside
up
'mone (come on)
____ aroo (___,where are you?)
blanket (instead of "night")
Powwee (Polly - Nana has a ton of Polly Pocket toys Becca used to play with)
open
bowl
soot (sopt)
sheert (shirt)
yellow
pink
fwower (flower)
cwacker (cracker)
twee (tree)
puppy

Casey and I have been to the movies twice lately - we saw Batman both times. It was great! If you haven't seen it, you need to. Nana and I went to go see Mamma Mia, which was great too, especially after Batman. Batman is so depressing, and Mamma Mia is just a feel good movie! We had to have the sound track and have had a great time teaching Maya to sing "Dancing Queen" and "Mamma Mia." She has been dancing all day. Enjoy the video featuring her latest move - the "split!"

Chau!

2 comments:

Hattons Photography said...

I am so jealous! I want to see my Maya! and do splits of course!

Jennifer said...

Well hurry up and come see us then!