Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sleep deprivation

Last night was a fun night! Little Miss Maya decided it was time to play at 2am, and despite our best efforts she would not go back to sleep until daddy (my hero) put her in the car at 5:30am and drove her around to coax her back to sleep. Why, oh why must she do that? It surely brings out the worst in me, but as mom always says, be thankful, even for the stressful moments. So, here is me being eternally thankful for the sleepless nights that motherhood brings. Truly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I was under the impression that because of the sleepless night, that Maya might be grumpy today. As a pleasant surprise, she decided she would be quite chipper, and so we had a great day. We went to Walmart in search of a big wheel for Maya to stay at Nana and Papa's, but we came home with a few more items. I couldn't resist. I think in her whole life we have bought her maybe 10 toys total, and most of those were for Christmas. We get spoiled rotten from everyone else, and we don't believe in a houseful of toys, so therefore we are not guilted into buying them often. However, I couldn't pass up a few choice items...

a baby stroller - she played with one of these at her cousin Julie and Maggie's house, and since it was only 5 bucks, I had to get it. She strolled her baby doll up and down the street, and I think those legs probably walked at least a mile on their own pushing that thing today. Even if she never looks at it again, it was worth it!

her Dora big wheel - of course I had to get one to reinforce her Spanish. And Papa insisted that she had one, so we obliged. She had a great time pushing its buttons and wheeling it around. Unfortunately she can't quite reach the pedals yet, but it won't be long before she'll be flying around the driveway.

A vacuum cleaner. Yes, I know, this will be quite an ironic present one day. There is one at her new daycare and ALL the kids fight over it. Maya LOVES that thing, so I had to get her one. It is a mini dirt devil and it is so cute. She vacuumed Nana's house several times today.

Playdough. My child, who never sits still for more than 5 minutes except while reading, played with playdough for an entire hour. Amazing!

After playing all day, Papa came home and we all went out for Sushi. Maya had teriyaki chicken, which she didn't eat a bite of. Strangely enough, she doesn't care for rice of all things.

What a fun day with my cutiepie! Thank you God for your amazing blessings!

No comments: