Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Summer Fun

Wow! The whirlwind of summer continues. Last week we got new floors in our kitchen, living and dining rooms, and boy was that a mess. Everything was out of place, the kitties were terrified, and I was grumpy. However, in less than a day, our new floors were installed and we began the fun of putting things back together.

I took Maya up to play at her new daycare last Thursday. It seems that the coveted toy is a vaccuum cleaner, which I could only laugh about because I couldn't stop thinking about how much she would NOT want to do that one day. However, she loves it for now, so I will encourage her love of cleanliness by purchasing her her very own vaccuum cleaner. Yes, it will be a joyous cleaning frenzy!

She is exploding with more words. Apparently she remembers everything I say, and then repeats it NOT on command, but whenever she feels like it. Today she busted out with:

bububerry (blueberry)
bus
pina (pineapple in Spanish)
tratoo (tractor)
toodle (turtle)
doodle (noodle)
poon (spoon)
brush (toothbrush)
ant
bean
icken (chicken)
puppy


I'm sure there are more, but I really need to be walking around with a notebook in my pocket to get them all. My memory is terrible - it certainly was not improved by pregnancy, but it was nothing to speak of beforehand either.

This past weekend we ventured out to the festival of discovery in Greenwood. I'm not sure why its called that because the whole thing is about BBQ. Friday night we went out and met our friends the Talley's who have Gabbi, a cutie red-head a few months younger than Maya. The girls had fun dancing to the music, climbing the stairs on the buildings downtown, and eating ice cream. Casey's parents and brother's family came down for the BBQ sampling on Saturday, but it was so hot that our tasting was short lived. Someone should really think about having a BBQ festival when its cool. How can you possibly enjoy hot BBQ in 100 degree whether on black asphalt. Ugh. Anyways, it was fun, and there was some good blues music playing.

We managed to stay home for a few days before coming to visit Casey's parents in Anderson. We'll be here through Saturday, and Maya is already having a ball being spoiled rotten again. She and Papa worked in the garden this evening, ate cherries, ice cream, and lots and lots of blueberries. I think they might be her favorite fruit, but a close rival to strawberries. Note to self: I must devise a way to get her on video camera saying all of these cute words. She becomes such a mime when the camera comes out.

School is fast approaching so we are trying to enjoy the last bit of our summer. Hope everyone is having a great summer too!

No comments: